Most people experience confusion, disappointment, job loss, or nagging feelings of dissatisfaction at some time during their careers. Others are dealing with career issues related to divorce, chronic stress, anxiety, burnout, or the impact of a toxic work environment.
Career counseling can be a strategic and energizing process focused on career assessments, exploration, career planning, resume writing, job search strategy, interview preparation, professional coaching, and life design.
Career counseling can also be therapeutic and healing. Many clients need a safe place to explore themselves, process their experiences, and gain new skills and tools for handling the challenges of work and life.
Integrative career counseling supports both the strategic and emotional needs of clients as they make career transitions.
I work with people from all industries and work/life stages including new college graduates, mid-career professionals, career changers, executives, business owners, men and women re-entering the workforce, and even people who are preparing for retirement. My ideal client is anyone yearning to create richer, more meaningful ways of living and working.
Service offerings include:
- Career Exploration and Transition
- Skill, Value, and Interest Assessments
- Job Search Coaching and Support
- Targeted Résumés, Cover Letters, and LinkedIn Profile Updates
- Interview Coaching and Interviewing Preparation
- Personal Branding and Authentic Connecting Skills
- Workplace Stress / Conflict Resolution
- Life Design – Value-Based, Sustainable Living and Working
- Emotional Readiness for Life/Career Transitions
I help clients identify their values and strengths, leverage their skills, and build bridges to the resources and opportunities they to need in order to reach their desired goals. I use a variety of assessments and counseling modalities that combine narrative, contemplative, strengths-based, and solution-focused approaches.
Specific Areas of Training and Expertise Include:
- ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy)
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
- Career Construction and Narrative Approaches
- Contemplative Exercises, Visualization, Motivation for Change, and Journaling
- STRONG, MBTI, Strengths Finders 2.0, and customized career assessments